Monday, May 27, 2013

New Life Fellowship - Day 13

Sunday morning, truly every day is the day The Lord has made, but this Sunday was one I felt that more so.  Worship with NLF Phnom Penh was awesome.  I had worshiped there once before in 2007.  Coming back was amazing, it felt good and strange. Almost deja vu....ish. This time they even had headsets for english speakers with a translator (like what you see in the U.N. I felt very special.  Many of my team was feeling very ill.  Most have recovered but a couple are still down with stomach issues, prayers are definitely a request. 

The lesson was brought by an American who was doing a workshop over the weekend and then heading out to the villages outside Phnom Penh.  The sermon was kinda his conclusion to the events of Saturday.  In it he talked about Community and the very necessary need we have for community and also how that can be a positive and negative force in our faith.  

After church we spent the afternoon at a pizza place called "Divine Pizza & Ribs" very good place. Troy's friend Joe, who we met in Battambang, manages the place. After lunch we spent some time planning about our VBS we are putting on Monday thru Friday. Agape International Missions has a house called Rahab's house just outside of Phnom Penh and they host kids club every weekday for the village children from 2pm - 3:30pm. We are joined this week by a team from William Jessup University, a Christian college that Troy actually taught at before coming to Eugene. Joe Womack, our president, was the Vice President at William Jessup first too. Their team leaders actually came o Cambodia with Troy several years ago, so it's pretty cool having an extra 9 or so volunteers to help with the controlled chaos that is called Kids club. 

This psalm rang true to my feelings today - 

Psalm 62:1-2,5,10-12 NIV
Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. [2] Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. [5] Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. [10] Do not trust in extortion or put vain hope in stolen goods; though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them. [11] One thing God has spoken, two things I have heard: “Power belongs to you, God, [12] and with you, Lord, is unfailing love”; and, “You reward everyone according to what they have done.”

I found myself pouring not just my voice into worship at NLF but my heart. I rested in knowing that God's love is enough, that He is everything. I found myself for the first time this trip completely forgetting where I was, what I was doing and just being completely in the presence of God. I realized that the rest I need so desperately is not from the heat here in Cambodia, or the homework at college, or even the drama in ministry - no what I need is rest from my worrying mind. I need rest from being my own boss. I found rest Sunday in God, "truly he is my rock and my salvation...my fortress...my hope comes from him."

The Lord bless you and keep you, The Lord make his make his face shine upon you and be gracious toward you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment