Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Arrival - Day 1

We have arrived in Phnom Penh. Tons of luggage and all. Our team is 17 people and we brought 33 bags with us. About half of them are supplies or other items that we've brought for multiple organizations here, including several bags for our good friends Matthew and Melissa Stock. 


Matthew and Melissa met us at the airport along with our local transport team. It was a little tricky fitting 17 + people all on this bus with all the luggage, but we made it. It was a very short visit with the Stocks, but we'll be seeing them later on in our trip again. 


All of us crammed in tight, hot, sweaty, and tired but all giddy with excitement: we're finall here! All I could think about was praising God for the safe journey. Travel was smooth, flights were on time, and bags all showed up.



I read on the airplane Psalm 23. Seems an appropriate prayer for the start of our actual time in Cambodia. Please join me in praying that God would shepherd us with: protection and guidance. 


Psalm 23:1-6 NIV
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. [2] He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, [3] he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. [4] Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. [5] You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. [6] Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment