Monday, May 13, 2013

Mothers Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day and we celebrated some fun with mom. Mother's Day celebration at church, I preached, and Hans preached Sunday night. The day was filled with frenzy of packing and activity. While Psalm 113 was not part of my reading on Sunday I do want to call your attention to it. It came to mind during the communion thought on Sunday while my dad read Mary's Song from Luke's gospel. 

Psalm 113:2-9 NIV
Let the name of the Lord be praised, both now and forevermore. [3] From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised. [4] The Lord is exalted over all the nations, his glory above the heavens. [5] Who is like the Lord our God, the One who sits enthroned on high, [6] who stoops down to look on the heavens and the earth? [7] He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; [8] he seats them with princes, with the princes of his people. [9] He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the Lord.


This was the scene at Mcgraths fish house, there was a guy who was tying balloons for the people celebrating Mother's Day. It reminded me that I am super blessed to be going on this trip with Janel. 

I'm thankful for my mother and what she taught me about traveling. I can hear her say: "remember who you are and who you belong to" 

Grace and peace

No comments:

Post a Comment